Makes: 4 servings
Time: 2 hours
4 golden Yukon potatoes, sliced in 1/2” sticks
5 C vegetable oil
1. Submerge sliced potatoes into a large bowl of iced water and allow to soak for 1 hour in the fridge.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander and run cold water over them until the water runs clear. Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet and pat completely dry with paper towels.
3. Heat oil in a heavy skillet until a fry thermometer reads 350 degrees. (If you don’t have a fry thermometer, use a test potato to check if the oil makes it bubble.) When oil is ready, fry potatos in 4 batches, until potatoes are just cooked through, 4 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack, and allow to cool 30 minutes.
4. Reheat oil and fry potatoes once more in 4 batches, until they are deep golden brown, an additional 3 minutes. Remove back to cooling rack and drain of excess oil.
5. Season with salt and thyme and serve in a signature newspaper cone.
Pesto Fettuccini with Peas and Celigine
Time: 15 minutes
8 oz. fresh egg fettuccini
1 tbsp. butter
1 C fresh peas
1 jar pesto
1 C ciligiene
Basil for garnish
1. Cook the fettuccini until al dente, 4-5 minutes, in boiling salted water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a hot skillet, melt butter. Add in peas and sauté for 2 minutes. Addin pesto and heat for 30 seconds. Add in pasta and toss to combine. Add in ciligiene.
Serve with basil.